Loving Lately

I have been wanting to write this post for weeks! The time's just gotten away from me though, with a trip to Maine, a massive collection to launch, and just life in general. So here I am, inconsistent but enthusiastic!

So let's talk about what's good lately.

1. Old Navy Bag


I don't remember the last item I bought that I was so excited about or got so many compliments on...this bag is so good.

I've been toting around my Neverfull without interruption since November but thought the summer would be a good time to give it a rest/seek out a bag that won't be wrecked after a couple days at the splash pad. I stumbled on this during a little Old Navy hunt last month and I'm hooked. It looks so much more high quality than the listing photo makes it seem, the cross body is every busy mom's dream, the color is versatile and the faux leather repels yogurt and nutella stains like nobody's business.


2. Redefine System

Let's detour for a minute and talk about skin care. I'm 28 and have forehead wrinkles, much to my irritation. I'm a forehead scruncher and always will be, so I'm determined to battle my way through with products and persistence to kick those wrinkles to the curb. Since I've had enough sticks with a needle this year to last me a lifetime, I'm opting out of Botox and running into the open arms of the Rodan and Fields Redefine system.


Jamie reached out to me to ask if I was interested in trying out a regimen and I think my answer was : MAKE MY WRINKLES GO AWAY.

I've been using it religiously since December and....it's working. For real, guys.

Tiny little lines are all the remain from some pretty crazy crevices that were calling my forehead home. I'm loving it so much that I've been re-ordering the system as I run out.

So far the mask and day cream have been my favorites. The mask is nice and exfoliating and feels just a little more robust than a standard face wash and the day cream isn't greasy at all and packs some SPF for my sun-hating skin.

Sure, four steps might seem like a lot, but now I don't have to learn how to use the Face Tune app and we're all grateful for that. I'll follow up with another post and some photos of the major skin improvements I've been seeing soon!


3. Self Tanner

Speaking of ghostly white skin...which we weren't, but should be.


My ideal summer beauty routine looks like this:

lash extensions
tan

That's it.

I don't want to do my hair or put on makeup in the summer because it's so freaking hot out and my hair and makeup just melt/we're in and out of the water all the time and what's the point?!


Since my ultra-fair skin takes to sun-tanning like a fish to dry land, I'm a big fan of sunless tanners. I've been buying the Rodan and Fields sunless tanner for nearly two years and it's the best. I like how the foam reduces streaking and there's zero orange color involved. It goes QUICK too, so stock up while it's available!

4. Sangria


Oh, summer cocktails. I'm especially enjoying vodka tonics with a ridiculous amount of lime recently, we made a fun spiked Arnold Palmer a couple weeks ago, and I whipped up this Sangria for a little cocktail hour fun on an especially muggy day and loved it.


I used a Sebastiani sauvignon blanc (use whatever white you prefer!) and added watermelon, fresh mint, lime, and cucumbers. It was a breeze to make and it didn't take us long to polish off that pitcher!


5. The WC Summer Collection

photo by Ailee

The Willow Crowns summer collection launched on Tuesday and it was so much fun! Thanks so so much to everyone who shopped and continues to support us. I had a blast making this fun collection and I'm so glad you loved it as much as we did. Sign up for WC e-mails here if you want to stay in the know about our upcoming launches! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh you have just made me bite the bullet and buy that purse! I recently got a pink crossbody from ON and love it and this gray one has been in my shopping cart for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started salivating over that sangria. No exaggeration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a large crossbody purse that I can use as a purse/ small diaper bag for my 2 year old. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a large crossbody purse that I can use as a purse/ small diaper bag for my 2 year old. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a new bag and I so want that Old Navy one! It's so hard to find a large bag that is also crossbody! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips