A Week of Wear

It's officially my favorite time of year in Texas! It's beautifully warm and sunny without the oppressive humidity and heat that May-October can bring. I've found some new wardrobe pieces that are sure to become staples and have added them to some perennial favorites that have been anxiously waiting to come out of hibernation. 


For: a day of shopping with my mom, dinner out with the family

Favorite Piece: This Target cardigan was a desperation purchase on a day where I dressed totally inappropriately and had to head to an outdoor playdate. I love how it falls straight and has some tush covering length. The navy means that it goes with 90% of the other items in my closet and the weight is nice and light making it a great piece to toss over my arm on the way out the door if we're headed somewhere with AC or it's just a little chilly.

Madewell Dress | Old Shoes

For: MDO drop off, meeting, errands

Favorite Piece: Holy cow do I love this blue Madewell shift. It's lightweight, flattering, and has pockets (SOLD). Oh and it comes in gray. Hello, only thing I'll be wearing this Summer. 


For: Playdate, grocery shopping, and a super glam trip to Home Depot

Favorite Piece: I'll wear these Jack Rogers sandals until they fall apart. They're so comfy, last forever (this pair is a good two years old), and the metallics go with everything. If you're looking for a versatile sandal this Summer, this is my top recommendation!


For: MDO drop off, a day in the studio, errands

Favorite Piece: I've extolled the virtues of the Old Navy stain resistant white jeans before, and I'm gonna do it again. I always go up a size with my white denim so they don't have that weird clingy, see through quality, and these are a great length. I'll cuff them throughout the Summer but they're the perfect ankle length jean for Spring and Fall.


For: A coffee date, a day in the studio, and a playdate

Favorite Piece: While I could talk about the sweater again (I'm just not ready to stop wearing it!), I feel like we need to discuss shorts since warmer temps aren't stopping anytime soon. I don't love shorts personally, but when in Rome. Or Houston. These are from J Crew and I have three different pairs ready for this Summer because the length is appropriate for someone approaching thirty, there are tons of color options, and the elastic waistband is really accommodating on days when I let things get a little out of control.


For: a playdate, errands, and date night

Favorite Piece: I'm still loving this Old Navy dress I bought last Fall. It took a little vacation over the Winter but it's back and in business. It's perfectly swingy, the jersey fabric is crazy comfortable, and the long sleeves are great for days that start out on the cooler side. This version isn't available right now, but I've linked the short sleeve version which fits the same way!

12 comments:

  1. Cute outfits. I'm a SAHM and need to get out of the lululemon yoga clothes rut I'm in during the week. Those JCrew shorts are super cute. I'm going to order a pair...would you say they run true to size? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do! I love them and hope you will too!

      Delete
  2. I am totally buying that cardigan next time I find myself at Target (aka tomorrow) anything that covers the rump and hips is my go to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for you to do this feature on your blog more frequently. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would too and am hoping to be a little more consistent about it in the future!! 😘

      Delete
  4. Love your style too! I always wind up buying at least one or two things from these outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you find things you like!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! They last forever and are hands down my favorite shoe!

      Delete
  6. What size top did you get in that target blouse in the first pic? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips