A Little Getaway

When Ryan asked if we wanted to tag along to his conference in Fort Worth last week, I said "hell yeah!" before he even finished the question.

We have friends in the Dallas area with a brand new baby, we've never been to Forth Worth, and I'm always up for a change of scenery, so it was a no brainer for me. We made the four hour drive, kiddo in tow, which brought me back to the days when Olivia was a newborn and we'd make the drive from Boston to Maine to see my family all the time. We love a good road trip and since Ryan barely had to spend any time at the conference, we had a blast! 







We stayed at the hotel where JFK stayed the night before his assassination (weird, morbid historical fact quota for the day now met), visited the historical stockyards, rode a longhorn, ate loads of good food (Joe T Garcia's and Little Red Wasp were my favorites in Fort Worth), and while Ryan was conferencing, Liv and I did some shopping and visited with one of my bridesmaids and her two week old baby girl in Dallas!

It was the perfect mid-week getaway and had us feeling like we had a five day weekend by the time today rolled around since we'd spent so much time together!

2 comments:

  1. So fun. Olivia is such a doll. Now to get my husband to go to a conference somewhere I am actually interested in going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great time! Road trips are the best and catching up with old friends is always fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips