A Naked Cake

I feel like this title could be super easily misunderstood, whoops!

No, it's not some kind of bachelorette party cake, but an unfrosted (and therefore naked) cake! I've been wanting to learn to make these for a while and finally made the time to try it this weekend.


I followed this little tutorial here and it really wasn't so tough! The biggest thing was to make sure that everything was level including the frosting between layers. It took about 4 hours total since I made four cakes (two at a time) that each took 35 minutes to cook and then needed to cool for at least an hour. I just grabbed a small bouquet of flowers at the grocery store to garnish it and really love how it turned out!  


I used a boxed cake mix (two boxes) and frosting in a can (two cans) to save myself some more time, so nothing too fancy over here!


My husband and Liv (not so) patiently waited for me to take a few photos before we cut into this bad boy and demolished it!

10 comments:

  1. SO so pretty!! I am making a naked cake for R's birthday party, I hope it comes out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure how to make a cake look gorgeous! And delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks amazing and I bet it tasted just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out! I made one for P's first birthday on her actual bday and wish I made her party one too! So easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! But honestly, did you miss having the extra frosting? So many people say the frosting is the best part. Or do you make up for it with the layers of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! You actually have use a ton of frosting in between layers so that there's enough to really show, so it felt like the same amount of frosting!

      Delete
  6. It turned out beautifully! I love that you made a cake just for kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! I'm going to have to try. Just curious what kind of cake/icing flavor did you go with ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did yellow cake with vanilla frosting but I really want to try doing a lemon cake!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips