In The Studio

Apparently January is almost over?

I'm going to choose not to freak out that we have a launch in just under five weeks (what the hell?!) and try to go the cool, calm, and collected route. Even though that goes against every fiber of my being.


We're debuting our Spring collection on Tuesday March 1st (and I secretly love when we get to launch on the first of a month, it feels so official) and here's the deal:

It's the biggest collection we've ever done. 

I mean BIG. Not just in quantities (which is it), but in the variety of styles. I can think off the top of my head of at least ten different styles we'll be listing. So I've been working my booty off in the studio for the past couple of weeks to get the inventory made, photographs taken, and nail down the quantities. I'm hoping to get it all done in the next two weeks so I have three weeks to finalize everything and get it all packaged!

I'm dying (and I mean it) to share some sneak peeks with you but I can't just yet! First, I want to to tweak a few things before I show you. Secondly, we've had some issues lately with infringement. Maybe that's a bad word. Ugh, this is such a downer to talk about, but if you're a small business owner, you know what I'm talking about.

No, we don't own the rights to the laces or fabrics, or even the designs/styles we use, but in general there's kind of an understanding in the handmade community that we try not to step on each other's toes (like styling, etc.). Unfortunately, our images have been finding their way to other sites, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle that. Yeah, it's "just headbands" but it's my work and I take a lot of pride in it, so I like to wait until we're pretty close to the collection launch before sharing too much.

That being said, there's been so much awesome stuff going on that it greatly outweighs anything frustrating. I was compiling all the tax garbage (I really hate taxes) for WC over the weekend, which meant going over our total profits/expenses for the year and I was absolutely shocked to see we'd grown 300% over last year. Even though I do it quarterly, I somehow didn't really grasp how much growth we'd had this year and I almost cried/threw up. Lots of you have emailed with questions about how we handle the financial stuff for WC and we use quickbooks and will be filing our taxes quarterly this year. Sexy, right?

Anyway, boring financial talk aside, I've snapped a few quick pictures here and there while in the studio to share with you so you can get a look at what's been going on!







I've also been working on lots of custom orders (bachelorette crowns and florals, yay!) that I can't wait to share on Instagram (@willowcrowns) soon! I hope you're having a great week so far!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. So awful that others are stealing your work! That's low.
    Also, thanks for the glimpse into how you keep track of your finances! My goal is to keep better track of everything this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So terrible that people would steal your work! They say that copying is the greatest form of flattery but I'm not sure I believe that when you pour your heart and soul into something and then someone just copies it. Regardless, SO excited for you and for your spring launch! Even though I have a boy, I LOVE seeing all your new styles and stuff for the girlies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder how taxes work for small businesses. Taxes in general make my head hurt so I can't imagine doing it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! That's annoying! Poo on the imposters we al know who wears the crown :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well we didn't invent lace headbands but copying and pasting our product descriptions is a no-go for me!

      Delete
  5. Taxes are absolute worst! Your stuff is so beautiful though, so I'm glad you put up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is your desk from? It's so pretty!

    Alyssa
    Feathers and Stripes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips