Positive in 2016

Do you know how hard it is to write a New Year's post?

I started writing this about a dozen times and each effort sucked, so just hang in there with me. 

2015 was....interesting. If I think hard enough and remember the first 3/4 of the year, I remember lots of really good things. 2015 was the year WC grew exponentially, that I worked hard on my relationships and myself, that Olivia got even more spunky and awesome, that we found an amazing babysitter to help us fit in more date nights, and that I actually learned to cook a few things. It was also the year we miscarried and that crushing sadness has dominated a lot of the last few months. My D&C was incomplete which kicked off a painful October, followed by a November of illness from being so run down. December has been the first month that things have felt somewhat back to normal and I'm looking forward to the continuation of that feeling. 

So instead of making resolutions to give up caffeine or sugar (too delicious and satisfying to ever consider), I'm resolving to be more positive in 2016.  This may be the year we welcome a new baby into our family and it may not. I'm working on being ok with that and staying positive about all the wonderful parts of our lives. I'm resolving to stop focusing on the negatives and to start seeing the silver linings and happy moments that are everywhere. 

So in the spirit of kicking off the New Year on a positive note, I thought I'd share some photos from this past year that highlight all the positives of 2015, because it really was a good year.

On the work front, from left to right:


Kicking off the new year with a WC photo shoot, marking the beginning of a huge upswing in our content quality, images on the sight, and overall aesthetic of the brand.

Getting featured on Vera Wang's instagram (our collab headband with Cuteheads was shot during a showing of her newest collection) and our first trunk show at Macaron by Patisse.

A collaboration of prints featuring our philosophies on topknots and bows with All Things Pretty, getting featured by Kardashian Kids, and a fun night as one of Tidbits "It Girls of Houston". 

Another photo shoot and bestie time in Maine with Steph, getting blown away launch after launch with your orders, and wrapping up the year with a pop up at West Elm. 

On the personal front: 


Frequent travel including trips to Maine, New Hampshire, and Disney World. My sister's amazing wedding, Olivia's third birthday, loads of quality time with my girl, and a fantastic holiday season with my loved ones. Not pictured is Ryan's move to a new position at his company. He's working less, liking his job more, and we're all loving that.

Looking back at these photos was a really powerful (and necessary) reminder how many great things happened this year. In fact, I think we'll be hard pressed to top it this year but we'll certainly try.

Happy 2016 to all of you...thanks for reading here, hanging in with me, sending me your support, and just being fabulous!

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm with you on being positive in 2016! I'm choosing to focus on joy. It's so easy to focus on the negative, but this post and photos show that despite a major and heartbreaking loss, that your year was still filled with a lot of great things! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think positive is a really good word/goal for this next year. I miscarried in December of 2014 and welcomed our baby boy a year later... so it can definitely happen :) Looks like you had a great year otherwise :) Cheers to 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your resolution for 2016! wishing you the happiest new years. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many up's and down's this year, but I love your attitude, and your positivity. It's inspiring, and I know that 2016 has amazing things in store for you guys. Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 2016 is going to be AMAZING!!! Love your word for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a missed miscarriage and D&C this year as well. It helped to look back at photos to be reminded of the good moments from the year.

    I hope 2016 is an amazing year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positivity has an amazing power to help heal. Wishing nothing but wonderful things for you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Office activities are designed such that people who are in an ineffective team are given higher preference than those who have been effective team players. If you too have a sizable organization, you ought to pick activities that will work for Chicago corporate events at your company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post resonated with me so much! We've had a lot of heavy stuff going on in our lives and it's so easy to get bogged down by it but I'm making a conscious effort to be HAPPY because dangit, I have a lot to be happy about! Glad to see you back and with a smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips