Small Business Series: Holidays at WC

As if I didn't already love the holiday season enough (and I really do), it's the busiest time of year for Willow Crowns. I love to be busy (with things I'm passionate about, not like laundry or dishes or anything) and November and December keep me as busy as I can handle on the headband front.


Olivia is particularly helpful with the drop off portion of the fulfillment process. We try to hit the quietest time of day at the post office for drop off...we take a while.

Speaking of Olivia, it's more of a challenge to balance her and WC this time of year, but since we've added two more team members to the staff (yay for Cait and Christiana!), it's been much more doable. At this point in the game, I'm making far fewer pieces myself (that's Christiana's realm now, who's absolutely crushing it) and Cait is our seamstress extraordinaire who's now sewing every single turban wrap that comes through our shop. 

With Steph continuing to run the website, I've been freed up to work almost exclusively on fulfillment, upcoming collections, coordinating product shoots, and marketing. That's left me with some more time to spend with our family and it makes for a much better balance overall.

So what have we been up to lately?

We're finishing production on our upcoming buffalo plaid collection that's dropping on Black Friday. Ideally all pieces will be finished by this Friday so we can do final inventories, pricing, and get photos finalized for the site.



This collection was such a hit last year that we knew we had to bring it back (with a few new twists to keep things fresh) and bring it back big during our 25% off Black Friday sale! Details to come on Instagram...don't miss it! 

Lots of time at the desk planning our first true pop up shop! We'll be at West Elm in Highland Village from 12-5 on December 19th and I hope lots of local ladies will turn out to say hi! Steph is flying in for the event and we want to meet you!


Inventory. Loads and loads of inventory.


Getting the shop ready to ship was a big goal of ours around this time last year and I'm so so glad we made the switch. It was a big change in the way we run the business but that two business day turn around is worth it!  During the holidays  we keep anywhere from 500-700 pieces ready to go in the studio and we go through more yards of lace than you can imagine!

Fun photography is happening all the time over here. While I mostly leave the website photos to my friend Ailee , I do a lot of our flat lays, Instagram content, and other promotional images myself. The holidays provide lots of fun ideas to shoot and I'm excited to watch our social media platforms and website get the seasonal treatment!


So there's a little update on the WC side of things in case you're interested!

10 comments:

  1. You are one amazing lady! From the WC fan club side of things, it's been so fun to watch the shop grow and evolve. Y'all do an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the buffalo plaid :) !! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be so proud of yourself, lady! It amazes me that you started Willow Crowns totally by yourself and now have THREE employees! What a wonderful role model you are for your precious daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said it with candy but you are a rock star!! Love what you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say thank you - my white turban wrap arrived - and it's perfect to cover the stitches in my scalp & hairline. Long story & not very interesting, but I've been a loyal customer since you're felt bow Etsy days and am grateful for the 'momma' gear you're stocking these days. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little behind the scenes look! And I find it so amazing to hear about the back story of how you started the shop yourself and now you have 3 employees helping you. What a wonderful success story! Even though I haven't bought anything of yours, since I have a boy, I still swoon over it all the time and wish that maybe one day i will have someone to buy it for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love to hear that people like the bts stuff!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips