Our Thanksgiving

First off, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! We're just back from our annual family trip to Disney World where we share Thanksgiving with my family as well as celebrate Olivia's birthday with them a few days early.

I'm finding so much to be thankful for this year, despite the past few months being some of the more challenging months we've experienced as a family. I know this sounds probably pretty bizarre on the surface, but I'm actually thankful for the challenging times. Sometimes I find it a little too easy to get kind of caught up in the status quo and take almost anything for granted. One of the ways we dealt with our miscarriage was to take stock of all our blessings and we had more than we deserved. In an effort to stay busy I threw myself into work, which helped the business grow. I spent more time with friends which enriched my friendships and helped me make new ones. Ryan and I had to take on some of my health issues together which we hadn't encountered before and that ended up making our marriage stronger and made us even more appreciative of Olivia. So while I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a good thing, I do feel like a number of positives came out of it and I'm grateful for those. 

So now that I've bummed you all out with sad pregnancy loss talk, let's do a 180 and talk about something a little more cheerful. Among the things I'm especially thankful for is how much time we get to spend with our families during the winter. We spent four days in Orlando this week soaking up grandparent time, eating our weight in any food that was more than 50% sugar, walking about 20,000 steps a day (for real!), and working the hell out of that Fast Pass system. Olivia was at a great age this year and was just adorably enthusiastic about the entire trip and all the characters she got to meet! Unfortunately for her, Cinderella stayed behind at the Magic Kingdom and won't be here to serve her Mickey shaped waffles tomorrow morning and admire her manicure. Just good 'ol mom. Sorry, kiddo. Let the Disney detox begin. 

I snapped a few photos while we were there (aka probably drove everyone crazy with all the stopping to take pics) and will try to share an appropriate amount. Not the one million I took, even though it's killing me not to. 














I'll confess that I dragged my big DSLR around for 90% of our trip because my beloved bluetooth SD card makes it such a breeze to get the photos on my phone. It was totally worth it since I got some incredible photos of Liv meeting her favorite princesses and some great action shots! We took a big group shot of all 18 of us and I've definitely got some framers of the three of us. 

Now that we're back, I'm hitting the studio to get those Black Friday orders out (thanks so so so much for shopping WC, we love you!), getting our dire grocery situation rectified, popping our holiday cards in the mail, and getting ready to celebrate Liv's third birthday later this week! We're having a fun little party with her friends at a little party place on Friday and I think she's going to love it!

Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Dragging that DSLR really paid off because your photos are beautiful! Looks like you had a great time spending Thanksgiving with family at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask about what camera you used?! These photos are beautiful and you can see how much your photography skill has just gotten to another level! I'm trying to catch up blog-reading after a few months of being in a haze - but I'm so sorry for your loss. All I can say is that you're brave for putting it out there and I've been there. {HUGS} And you really ought to print and frame the pic of Olivia + Aurora admiring her nails. I mean, Princess talk for real.

    xx Viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I usually drag my DSLR around for the same reason! And I'm impressed by you looking at your loss in a positive way. Perfect timing to focus on all the blessings we do have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love these photos! So glad Olivia loved Disney, I can't get over all of the Princess outfits she has on! So dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how old is olivia now? trying to figure out when the best time is to take my little one for the first time to disney. she just turned 1! im guessing at least another year, year and a half?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos! im so glad you guys had fun in disney! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! I love DW! Luke & I went there on our honeymoon & I can't wait until we can take the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your recap post. Any way you can do a Disney Tips post or something along those lines? I am going in Jan with my 2 yr old and would love some tips! Happy you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! It was definitely worth it to take your big camera. I just got a nice DSLR for Hanukkah from my husband and would LOVE info on the bluetooth SD card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips