Willow Crowns Turns Two

Two years ago today I sat alone at my kitchen table and started the process of opening my Etsy shop.

I was at a really unhappy place in my life, having just moved 2,000 miles away with an infant, and only knew two people outside of my husband. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my time, how to meet people, or even how to start my life in this new place. I think I hoped that the Etsy shop would provide a little bit of distraction from the homesickness, give me something to do when the baby was napping, and just help me feel a little more in control of my life.

As silly as it might sound, Willow Crowns did all that and more. It gave me something I felt like I could own, cultivate, and grow. It taught me that I'm capable and creative and I have loved working at it every day for the past two years. Every single person I've met in Texas has been through my business, and the friendships I've developed I never saw coming.

I never meant for it to be a full time gig. I certainly never imagined I'd out-earn my pre-child professional self, and I never thought it would turn into much of anything, really. It's been like a true second child, I guess. Exciting with each new milestone, frustrating with challenges, and keeping me up all hours of the night.

Instead of sitting alone in my kitchen, we're now we're a four person team spread across three different states, with our own dot com, and ship our orders five days a week. I  know I don't often do the serious stuff around here, but I have to seriously thank you all. My early blog readers (all two of you) were my first customers and when I see your names pop up on orders each time we launch a new collection, it gives me the warm fuzzies.

So thank you. Thanks for helping turn a distraction into a hobby into something a lot more.

xoxo


9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Willow Crowns!!! Although I have a boy, I still swoon over your stuff and dream of what I can buy my nieces for their birthday and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I have to say, you rock it as a business owner! You are so quick to respond with questions, so timely with shipping, and just so thoughtful in general. I order from a lot of small businesses and the same can't be said for all of them! I know that will take you so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBD Willow Crowns! You are such an inspiration to all women and should be so proud for what you have accomplished! Hopefully one day I'll have a little babe of my own to dress up your gorgeous pieces in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, WC! I'll never forget hosting one if your first giveaways two years ago! My how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw congrats on two great years!! You've done such an amazing job building your business, O has a great working mama to look up to. So glad to be a small part of the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Megan! Your story is so inspiring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post--- you deserve all of the success in the world! Congrats on two years--- and here's to many more!

    -V

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips