Early Fall Favorites


Since Fall is a little slower to arrive in Houston than in other parts of the country, I take my sartorial transition to Autumn nice and slow. I mainly start with purses, shoes, and other accessories and add major pieces in as the weather continues to cool off.

I (obviously) favor black and cognac color wise for this time of year and consider the fact that they're both neutrals one of the major steps in simplifying my daily dressing. Flats and booties push the flip flops and espadrilles to the back of the closet along with the other goodies Olivia is secretly stashing back there (three apple remotes, guys. three). 

Now I know that every sorority girl in America has these black Tory Burch Revas in their closet and I don't care. I love them. I love the fit, that they go with everything (I wear probably too much black during the cooler months), and I almost never meet a gold accent I don't love. These plus the black Madwell cross body bag (with gold monogram of course) are a match made in heaven. Jeans, a a tee, those two, and you're out the door. Probably with banana smushed on your butt if you're me, but you're not late for MDO drop off and you're not in pajamas. For once.

The cognac BP booties are new and under $100.  I was having a "treat yo self" moment after our Fall launch and I'm glad I did. The stacked heel is super comfortable, the color is a dead match for the Madewell Transport tote that I will endlessly post on here about (not even a little sorry), and it's just the right height on the ankle to wear with cuffed jeans. 

While I'm waiting for sweater weather to arrive (I'm looking at you, October), I'm obsessed with these Old Navy tunics. They're $17, come in three colors, two of which I own, and they're lightweight transition perfection. Go get them. Now.

Finally, my sister talked me into the Tarte Showstopper Palette, which honestly wasn't hard. I'm a sucker for the packaging, I love Tarte products anyway, and when I saw the eyeshadow colors I was a goner. I can't get enough taupe, brown, and subtle shimmer. I go pretty light on eye makeup during the Summer (this year, it was mostly just lash extensions and nothing else), but I'll definitely be adding shadows back in to the make up rotation this Fall.  

8 comments:

  1. I love that this is a mix of pricey and affordable options! And I'm with you- I get so jealous seeing everyone NOT in Houston with their scarves and boots... While we are atill sweating up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fall fashion!! That tote is amazing - so sad it's sold out on their website! :( Seems like a staple piece though so maybe it'll come back in stock? :)
    xx Em
    beauty blether

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the booties! im sad i missed out on madewells crossbody bag last season... im not really a fan of the new style :( xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in my Reva's one of the best shoes I have ever purchased. We get fall late around here too (Temps are supposed to be 95 & 99 this weekend! Oye!) I can't wait to add more fall apparel to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cognac for fall too! I have been eyeing a pair of Revas for a while but I just't pull the trigger with that pricetag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep your eyes peeled at Nordstrom Rack! They have them there from time to time for about $50 less!

      Delete
  6. Just bought that tunic in blue last week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! That's a color I don't have...but not for long!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips