Apple Picking

With it officially being September 1st, I feel like it's safe to dip a toe into the pumpkin spice latte that is Fall. Ok, that sounds disgusting and I don't even like those things. Pretend I didn't attempt something clever.

This week my parents, Ryan, and I took Olivia to my favorite apple orchard from when I was a kid, Treworgy Farms. They have the requisite apple trees and corn maze, as well as some goats to pet and feed, and a hayride if that's your thing. She just about keeled over with happiness when she got to feed the goats and has taken tiny nibbles out of nearly every apple in the 1/2 bushel we took home.


I've always secretly been terrified of corn mazes since my lack of a sense of direction is second to none, but figured I should probably get a real problem and tough it out. I obviously hustled right over to sign the "hall of fame" in the middle to celebrate that four full grown adults didn't get lost in a children's maze.



Ever since, she's been cupping her hand to show me how she fed the goats. She likes to fill that hand with milk, cereal, whatever will most easily spill, for her reenactments. 

With it officially being "Fall" (or at least a Fall month), I'm feeling a little excited for one of my favorite seasons. Granted we don't get the crisp, cool air and gorgeous foliage in Texas that got me hooked on Fall in the first place, but I'm all about the back to school shopping, the sense of renewed structure, and a cider scented candle on the mantle. Just wait until October hits and I'll get really crazy on you. Between my birthday, our engagement anniversary, and tiny little costumes coming to life, my inner basic just might be at its happiest.

7 comments:

  1. How fun!! This is getting me so excited to go apple picking when we visit New England at the end of this month! I've never been! (True Texan problems)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! It's one of my favorite childhood memories and nothing tastes better than a freshly picked apple!

      Delete
  2. It's great you get to come back to the north east and have Olivia experience these typical fall things! We are going apple picking in a few weeks and I have a feeling it could still be 80-90 degrees outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple picking is so fun in the fall! I just never know what to do with allllll those apples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Thank goodness for pies, crumbles, etc and hopefully an excuse to make a dozen of them!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love this! We are hoping to go apple picking sometime this fall. We didn't make it last year with a new baby, but I think this is our year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips