My Favorite Summer Buys

Since August is well on its way and everyone is talking Fall (not me, not yet!), I thought I'd talk a little bit about some of my favorite purchases from this Summer! I'm definitely not ready to pull the trigger on sweaters or boots since it will be in the 80s here well into October so these Summer faves will be getting some love for a little while longer.



Spending lots of time in the pool is an inevitability lately so I knew I wanted a swimsuit I would be comfortable in and not dread having to put on. I swear the La Blanca swimsuits suck you in and hold your girls in place better than anything else (since you know, I'm so well endowed). If you're not ready to pay full price, keep your eyes peeled at TJ Maxx, they're constantly stocking them.



I bought the pink version of this bag (which is sadly sold out) but the cognac version is still in stock and I highly recommend this one! It's priced just right, wipes down easily (important for moms and messy people everywhere), and holds anything you'd need it to. I use it around town, on planes, and at the pool. You can 't go wrong with this one.



While I had originally hoped to snag these in the blush color, I ended up taking home the white and I'm so glad I did! They go with everything (especially white pants which are a summer staple!) and were perfect for the pool since they're waterproof. (Romper is old and from Madewell but love it)



I bought this after reading rave reviews on Makeup Alley and those ladies didn't lie. This stuff is the bomb. It gives you shimmer and somehow, a tan?! I have people constantly ask me what highlighter I'm using and I can't tell them fast enough. 



So I'm a Kate Middleton style lover (she always looks so. darn. good.) and after seeing her wear these for years, I knew I had to have them for my closet. I got them during an after Christmas sale and then waited months to wear them and wear them I have. They've been my go to "fancy" shoe for Summer, attending weddings and bridal showers, date nights and girls nights out. The woven heel gives them a real Summer feel and they're as comfortable a heel as I've owned. Oh, and the neutral color? Perfect. Good call, Kate. I mean, Catherine.



I wear these to bed, with pants, shorts, you name it. They're supremely comfortable and breathable in this Texas heat and they color options are endless. I think the long sleeve versions will be go-tos for Fall. 

7. Shift Dress


A shift dress is a no-brainer for me in the Summer. This morning when Olivia wiped out, chipped a tooth, and split open her lip I was in pjs. The dentist told me to get there in a half an hour if I wanted an appointment that day, so I grabbed a shift dress, slid into my Tory Burch flip flops and walked out the door. That's why I love shift dresses. I own about a dozen. This one up there is from Tar-jay.


Speaking of being pale...which we weren't, but I am. I love a good fake tan and while I'm not up for a spray tan every week, I've found the perfect at home alternative. The Rodan and Fields self tanner can be hard to get your hands on, but for good reason. It's the perfect not-orange color, applies with a colorless foam, and smells way better than anything else I've tried. Fortunately, my girl Brittany lets me know the second its back in stock and even places the order for me so I just get a fun little delivery every six weeks or so!  Having a little color really helps the bathing suit situation, don't you think?

Looking through this post, I think two things: 

1. I'll totally use all of these things next Summer
2. I take a lot of selfies for a 27 year old woman. Work on that. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. love that swimsuit!! and i wanted to love piko tees but they felt sooo huge on me wah wah. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips