Get Movin' Mondays

I know that most people don't love Mondays and I always get a chuckle scrolling through the Monday morning memes on my Instagram.

While I'm not saying I love Mondays or anything, I kind of dig them. Ew,  I just said "dig". Moving on.

I like to use Mondays as my day to get my act together. We do our grocery and Target runs to make sure we've got enough food and paper towels for a small army, I play catch up on WC, and (try) to clean the house from top to bottom. I stock the fridge and snack drawer, clean the fuzzies and fruit snacks out of the tufts in the ottoman, and get the majority of our laundry put away (because it's probably been sitting in the dryer since Friday). 

I freshen the flowers, vacuum high traffic rooms, and try to mop around Olivia's nap time. She's wiped out on a wet floor a time or two and it's not great.


It gets us set up for the week, makes our house somewhat presentable for impromptu play dates or drop ins, and I feel like the following days just go more smoothly because of it.

Sure, there are Mondays when Ryan's walking out the door as Olivia is "watering" the imaginary flowers on the living room floor or having a meltdown and I give him the "don't leave me" look, but in general I'm ok with Mondays. I snapped a few photos of my Monday today and let me tell you....you think your floor is clean until you take a photo of it and see a thousand little dust bunnies still clinging to the carpet. It's very eye opening. I left that photo out, FYI. 







I should probably add that this level of "up and at 'em" burns out real quick and is gonzo by Tuesday. So I've got to make Mondays count while I've got the motivation!

Now I'm off to snuggle the babe one more time before I call it a night - she and I will be up early tomorrow to get a few things together for our birthday boy tomorrow!

Oh, and if behind the scenes is your thing, be sure to follow along on Instagram and Snapchat - my user name is WillowCrowns on both platforms!

10 comments:

  1. I applaud you! Your Monday kicked my Monday's butt! It looks like a tornado blew through here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you do have twice the number of children that I do!

      Delete
  2. Come to my house for your next Monday? I'm pretty sure my house is never that clean- unless you count the 20 seconds before someone comes over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no to Snapchat! I am having some serious FOMO over it, but also feel far too old to jump on board. And don't even get me started on periscope! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'll admit that I am not always ready to go the moment I wake up on Mondays, but I like to get a lot done on Monday so I feel set for the week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like Mondays more that I'm not working in an office! I like your idea of using Monday to clean and run errands. Noah usually likes to take it easy on Mondays and play with his toys (after running around all weekend). So I should take advantage of this and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your blog lately! Your Monday routine sounds wonderful. I just really enjoy your honest take on motherhood. Do you have a link to those silver Hunters your daughter wears? I would love to get some for my daughter this fall. I know you mentioned she can put them on herself right? My daughter is 2 and I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We got the silver Hunters at Nordstrom, but I think they may have been discontinued in the silver for toddlers? She can put them on herself which I love! I'd check ebay, that's always a safe bet!

      Delete
  7. That is a great way to view Mondays! Preparing for the week ahead gives you the initiative to have a better grasp on things, so you only have to deal with those unexpected things that may pop up over the week. In any case, it was a good idea to do the mopping during Olivia’s nap time, in order to avoid those wipeouts. Cheers!

    German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equipment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips