Long Live Long Lashes

What? You don't all take dozens of photos of your kids sleeping?


Lame.

But check out those lashes. Hoo boy, what I'd give to call those my own. She gets them from her Daddy (on whom they are completely wasted) and I'm jealous. I've got stumpy, blonde lashes that need a dozen coats of mascara to make an appearance on my face. 

However, you might recall a few months ago that I mentioned a little something about lash extensions to rectify the lame lash situation I have going on and I think it's time we had a little chat about them.

They're awesome.


Every two weeks I head over to the lash salon (I go to an Amazing Lash Studio) and Tiffany works her magic on me. Thirty minutes later, I walk out with these bad boys.


No mascara, friends.

The best part of these is that I can wake up in the morning looking somewhat put together. As far as Summer beauty routines, it holds mine together. BB Cream, blush, a little brow gel, lip gloss, and I'm good to go. I usually forego the shadow unless it's a special occasion, and call it a day. I hardly ever lose lashes and despite my husband mocking me for being more high maintenance than ever, I don't think I'll ever be able to give them up. Ever.

16 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous! Is it really expensive to have them done? Then again, I will pay whatever it takes to roll out of bed looking like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, right?! I spent $80 for the initial application and it's about $45 every two weeks for fills. It adds up but I really love them and how they simplify my mornings!

      Delete
  2. I love them! Great... 1 more thing I NEED in to get done like stat! Thanks for the great rec as I was always hesitant on these. What do you use to take off your makeup? I use baby oil and I heard you can't use any oil based products or they will come off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the Neutrogena makeup removing wipes - oil based is a no no according to my lash lady :)

      Delete
  3. oh wow! gorgeous. i should start using latish again! my husband and babe both have gorgeous eyelashes too. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. High maintenance, party of 2. Worth. Every. Penny. My make up literally takes 4 minutes now. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad I'm not alone! This is totally how I explain it to my husband :)

      Delete
  5. My daughter got beautiful long full lashes that I'm totally jealous of from her daddy too!! You're lashes look gorgeous! And definitely worth the "high maintenance" tag if all it takes is a few minutes in the morning to get ready!! Especially when you have a toddler...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love your lashes! And totally jealous that you can get them done for $80. I live in upstate NY and the only lash extension place around charges $400 for the first install, and $200 every two weeks. At that price it'd be cheaper to buy a plane ticket to Houston and get them done there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eyelash extensions! Those look like Classic application (one extension per lash) but have you looked into Volume at all? I prefer it to classic and it provides a lot more volume and fluff. I find Classic is good for lengthening but let's be real, we all want long AND think lashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell yeah we do! I haven't heard of the volume lashes yet - time to start googling!

      Delete
  8. They look great! I have always wondered if that'd be something I would like. Are they very expensive? Do you sometimes have to go to the studio for a touch-up in between those two weeks? And do you ever wear mascara on the lashes or is that a no-no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go in in between the two week fills (those are $45 each time), but they do offer "mini fills" for $30 in case you needed to! I wear mascara for a special event (wedding, etc.) but usually just plain lashes over here!

      Delete
  9. such lash and hair envy going on over here.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh I have been wanting to do lash extensions so bad!! Lattise also works really well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips