Emily's Bridal Shower

warning! photo heavy post ahead

A couple weeks ago I had the privilege of throwing my baby sister a bridal shower. 

Now she's thrown me a hell of a shower or two over the past five years. My bridal shower was amazing and my baby shower topped even that. So I felt a tiny bit of pressure to knock her socks off and send her down the aisle in style (and thanks to the wedding shoes I picked out for her, mission accomplished. Badgley Mischka anyone?). 

My aunt was gracious enough to let us use her gorgeous house and let me have free reign with the space to create a "tying the knot" bridal shower to complement Emily's navy and mint nautical themed wedding. I think the best way to do this is a full on photo dump, so that's how we'll proceed. I hired Emily's photographer (and my good friend) Danielle Brady to take the photos and while that may seem a little over the top, it was the best money we spent on the shower. Period.

I didn't have to take a single photo, worry about capturing a single detail, and she crushed it, just like she always does. So here we go!









































There are so many more photos I could share, but I'll spare you (and spare the guests the embarrassment of the crazy looks on their faces during the games!). We had a blast, a few ladies walked away with some great prizes (knot themed jewelry) and everyone ate until they wished they had a looser dress on. 

Now onto the wedding!

9 comments:

  1. So much fun! Those photos are all precious and the party looks great!
    My sister is my maid of honor for my wedding next year and she will be throwing my bridal shower when the time comes. Fun to think some day the tables will be turned and I will throwing her showers! Aren't sisters the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every touch was so perfect, way to go! I especially love the part where the guests leave their names and addresses! Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party you planned! And I love the idea of hiring a photographer! Not only are they the professional, but I'm sure your sister is happy to have you in the pictures to remember the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shower looks amazing! I love the theme and the colors! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the details are absolutely adorable!! You threw her a beautiful shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! i love the theme --especially the banner + cookies :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, lady! :) Glad y'all had a wonderful time. These photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally nailed the theme! Everything looked so cute. And I love your sister's dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job!! I am throwing my sisters bridal shower this year. What are the champagne tags? Are they mini bottles for guests to take home?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips