Recent Beauty Buys (The Non Drugstore Version)



This weekend's going to be a good one, ladies. I can feel it. My fridge is stocked with all the sandwich fixings one husband could possibly ask for, the babe starts dance again tomorrow morning, and other than that I have no plans. No commitments, just chilling with my people, and enjoying all the glory of two unscheduled days. Beautiful thing right?

So a few weeks ago I gave you the run down on my favorite drugstore beauty products and I'm here to follow up with not-so-drugstore version. I like a good mix of higher end makeup with drugstore brands and reach for both daily. The stuff I'm chatting about today is all new to me and I'm pretty excited about them!


Since Summer has officially landed, I've got my (lack of) tan on my mind. Do I ever spent much time in the sun? Nope. I'm just about as fair as they come and I like my SPF and shade thank you very much. However, this Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecting Highlighter is just the ticket to shimmery summer cheekbones. While we're talking skin, we may as well talk about the Becca Ever Matte foundation. I'm wearing the "sand" color and loving it. I do love the Maybelline BB Cream I posted about before, but sometimes my skin just isn't behaving well enough for the BB Cream and needs a little more coverage. Enter this foundation. Smooth, lightweight, and the color match is perfection.


I use the Beauty Blender to apply it and if I hadn't been given this sponge as a gift I would never, ever have thought it was worth the money. Well it is. I've tried other sponges, this one is just different, take my word for it. As for cleaning it? This little solid cleaner is a nifty little sucker and literally drains the makeup from the sponge in no time flat. Sold.


Glam Glow has been touted for years as a skin miracle worker, but I was just recently willing to bite the bullet and spend the money on it. I am so. glad. My skin is problematic to say the least and I've been waging war against acne since I was nine. Ortho tri cyclen has been the only cure I've found and it's just not a long term solution for me, so I've been on the hunt for topical solutions. The Paula's Choice system is working well, but this mask really takes it to the next level. The morning after using it my skin is visibly smoother and brighter, and I'm addicted.


Another beauty ritual I've adopted that makes me look super sexy to my husband is these under eye gel pads from ToGoSpa. That plus the face mask...wow. Anyway, these have magical powers for sure. They take dark circles and under eye bags and turn them into "I got 10 hours of sleep and haven't a worry in the world". I like that look.
So there you go. Now to hit the hay and mentally prepare for the cuteness/headache that is the Tiny Dancers class. Kids 3 and under in tutus? A perfect adorable little recipe for chaos!

10 comments:

  1. I think it's time that I start using a mask as well. This face isn't 8 years old and flawless anymore.. unfortunately. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to join the time to start using a mask club, too.
    I also just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with your blog. I love it because I love your content but hate it because your font is very small and very light colored. Every time I read it I strain and get cross-eyed! I wonder if it's just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an easy fix, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  4. I am going to need to pull the trigger on some sort of becca face makeup. I have been hearing wonders for some time now! Hope you girls have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try Glam Glow! I keep hearing so many amazing things about it! Glad it has been working for your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love glam glow, I think i may need to try that under eye mask also. I've been looking a little rough lately in that department!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just put the glam glow and ice water eyes on my wishlist! thanks for the recommendations! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips