Mother's Day

Motherhood has taught me a lot, like how to do seven things at once, change a diaper nearly one handed, and I can wrap a mean swaddle. It's also taught me a valuable lesson in adjusting my expectations, which is a lesson that came in handy this weekend.

Ryan was out of town working, I woke up with lock jaw and around lunchtime our garbage disposal exploded, leaving rotten food all over the kitchen and two sinks that wouldn't drain. A glam, brunching Mother's Day it was not.

BUT.

Motherhood has also taught me to enjoy the little moments that really matter, and after a quiet cuddle with my best girl, many many minutes of Facetiming with my own mother, and a sweet phone call from my hubby, all was well.




Well after that and four bottles of draino plus a plunger.

One of my favorite aspects of blogging has been getting to know so many other mothers, getting to pick their brains, and watch their kiddos grow up, so I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day, spent with the ones you love most.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Exploding garbage disposal sounds horrible! I'm glad you can still look at the positives though! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! My Mother's Day went a little like yours, except with a super sick hubby and my daughter falling outside and scraping her knee that resulted in a 3 hour cry/screaming session... But no matter the craziness that ensued, I got to spend the day with the one that made me a mommy and that made it just perfect! I'm glad you go plenty of cuddle time with your daughter and hope you still had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little special moments really make up for things is a little less than glamorous. Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Happy belated Mother's Day, mama! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips