Drugstore Beauty Buys

If you were to walk into my bathroom at 7:30 in the morning, you'd see a number of things. 

My toddler, overnight pull-up discarded on the floor, squatting on her training toilet in full tutu and tiara singing "I'm peeeeeing!". A very big iced coffee or latte on the counter (depending on whether or not we've braved the Starbucks drive thru), me in some variety of yoga pants with the most spectacular bed head you've ever seen, and the following slew of products on the counter.

I love, love, love a drugstore beauty buy for two reasons:

1. They're cheap
2. They're easy to restock

There are few things more inconvenient than having to take a toddler into Sephora or Nordstrom because my MAC powder has run out, so I try to find the best drugstore options for most of my beauty items so I can snag a refill while doing our twice a week yogurt and paper towel run at Target. So basic. So happy.

Drugstore Beauty Buys

Dry Shampoo | Brow Gel | Eyeliner | Lip Balm | BB Cream | BB Body Lotion | Moisturizer

Let's start at the top and work our way down.

Dry shampoo is on the beauty buy list of most women I know, especially women with children. If I'm being honest, it's not that I don't have the time to wash my hair every day. I really easily sit Olivia with the iPad and hop in the shower. It's just that I don't have the inclination to wash my hair every time I'm in there. It takes forever to dry and is generally just a huge pain in the butt, so I like to stretch my wash a little bit with dry shampoo. I love the Not Your Mother's brand so much because it's super affordable, comes in a giant can, and doesn't have a weird odor or residue.

I like a strong brow, nothing new there, but I don't always want to take the time to really carefully fill them in (are we sensing laziness is becoming a theme here?). A quick swipe of the Maybelline Brow Drama gel tames those bad boys and fills them in with just enough color to satisfy my bold brow dreams. I know a bold brow isn't for everyone and once in a while I get carried away and Steph has to tell me I've crossed into drag queen territory, but it's ok.

I hardly use eye make up any more (because I got lash extensions about 6 weeks ago and they have rocked my world fo reals), but I'll occasionally throw on some eyeliner and the Nyx Two Timer liner has a felt tip liquid liner on one end (I love a good winged liner) and a pencil liner on the other. Bam. Two birds, one stone.

I'm seriously in love with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Moisturizer for Spring and Summer. It's super light weight, smells amazing, and really gets the job done. I've been using some pretty powerful acne fighting products that can dry my skin out and after a night or two of using this, the dry skin story is o-v-e-r.

As for face makeup, I like to keep it a little lighter in the Summer and have always loved BB Cream. I recently found the Maybelline BB Cream that has 2% salicylic acid which is a dream for the acne afflicted like myself. It's light but still decent coverage and I like to think that it's battling acne while I battle with the toddler.

Finally, I've spoken of my love for the Jergens BB Body Lotion before and the love affair has continued. I swear this has made the stretch marks on my stomach (thanks, pregnancy) disappear almost completely, and feels really silky, not sticky after applying.

So there you go. Next time you're in Target and feel the need to stock your cart with some beauty finds, these are my favorites, so throw 'em in there. Assuming you have room with all the throw pillows, area rugs, and knick knacks you're also buying. Because you went in for toothpaste.

5 comments:

  1. That is my favorite dry shampoo. It's the best! I'm so happy dry shampoo exists. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More info about the lash extensions please! I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dry shampoo and Kenra's. Ok, more on these lash extensions?????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guilty of over doing the brows here and there too. It's so easy to cross the line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill have to give that dry shampoo a try along with that moisturizer. I'm always trying new moisturizers!! I feel like I have to switch it up every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips