A Weekend to Reconnect

Hey, friends! 

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are ready to tackle the end (seriously, the end?!) of May!

Before I drift off to sleep while writing my to-do list for tomorrow, I thought I'd recap a fun weekend that I spent primarily with my hubby!

My mother in law was in town this weekend and she basically told us that she didn't want us around. She said it much more delicately than that, but she was clear. She wanted time alone with Liv (aka the stage five clinger when I'm around) and that we should get out.

So we did. 

We had three date nights this weekend. Yep, three. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We went on drives, saw Pitch Perfect 2 (it was hilarious), ate at a couple of not so kid friendly restaurants we've been wanting to try, and had the long conversations we used to have before we became parents.

We talked about O, our life, our goals. We shared french fries and even managed to sort out a sticky issue or two. The kind you can really only work out over nachos and wine at 4 in the afternoon.

Then we came home refreshed. Ready for the tantrum that was waiting for us two minutes after we walked through the door, and ready to handle it with renewed patience and the ability to look at each other over her flailing little body and laugh. 

Pictures?

I've got none. Just didn't take any. It was a nice break. Maybe next I'll try not posting on Instagram as much, though the withdrawals may do me in.

Tomorrow we're back to the usual routine, which is great because I like when things are nice and boring around here (honestly), until Friday when my own mother (and sister!) fly in!

Have an awesome week!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice weekend, and something you definitely deserved!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three date nights and pitch perfect... I didn't even think this was possible after having kids ;). I'm so jealous! We used to see movies all the time and now not so much! This summer there are a few I really want to see... I guess I should start arranging for the babysitter (grandma) to come over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a weekend with no pictures but lots of quality time is just what the doctor ordered! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with no pictures, I can picture the awesome weekend you had. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three date nights? That's basically a dream come true to me lol. Glad you enjoyed yourselves

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, even if your mother in law did force you out. Reconnecting with the man you elected to spend forever with is probably a good idea. And wine and nachos in the afternoon sounds marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, even if your mother in law did force you out. Reconnecting with the man you elected to spend forever with is probably a good idea. And wine and nachos in the afternoon sounds marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, even if your mother in law did force you out. Reconnecting with the man you elected to spend forever with is probably a good idea. And wine and nachos in the afternoon sounds marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family is the best help! Your weekend sounds like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of your 3 day date weekend!! My in laws live close but they've been out of town for 3 months so I'm seriously dying. I need a toddler-free weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips