Weekend Photos

Hey, Ladies!

I hope you all had an awesome weekend and got rested up for the week ahead! I'm going to leave a few pics of our weekend not-craziness for your viewing pleasure and then hit the hay. Let me tell you that having a kiddo who hasn't napped is equally as exhausting for the parents! 


Road tripping for a fun afternoon to the Woodlands - new bedding for the nugget, new shoes for me, and some books (including my childhood fave). 


Olivia mastered climbing out of her crib last week and rather than risk a face plant and broken nose, we've switched to a toddler bed. Sigh. So I swung by Target, grabbed the first toddler bed I could find, took about an hour to assemble it and there we were.

I could have waited about 5 more years for this, but oh well. She's doing great at night, but boycotting naps like it's her job. Tips? I'll take 'em!

(p.s. I didn't link the patterned pillows or initials on the wall, those are DIY and all the supplies came from Hobby Lobby!)


Make Way for Ducklings is one of my favorite childhood books. I had an autographed copy as a little kid (the author came into my mom's office and she ran down the street to get a copy for him to sign) and Robert McCloskey wrote some great books (with gorgeous illustrations) about Maine (like Blueberries for Saland New England. Since Olivia was born in Boston and Make Way for Ducklings takes place in the Boston Common, I knew it was one I wanted to add to her collection. Stuck is illustrated by Oliver Jeffers who illustrates some of our other favorites like The Day the Crayons Quit so I grabbed that too.




I always replenish our flowers on Saturdays and between the hydrangeas and this photo, I got Spring fever and I got it bad. It's cold (for Texas) for the next ten days or so and I'm already ready to bust out shorts and tank tops, so hurry up, Spring!

Have an awesome week!


8 comments:

  1. We too, are boycotting naps!!! UGH! It really is exhausting for the parents! All afternoon, I think to myself, is it bedtime yet???

    But Olivia's big girl bed is stunning! Exactly what I am looking for when it comes time for us to switch! Luckily for us though, Palmer has no desire to climb out of the crib, at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually shocked Noah hasn't started boycotting naps yet! He was early to go from 2 to 1 nap so I assumed he'd drop the nap early as well. It's definitely getting shorter but at least it's still happening. Her toddler bed is so cute! I'm also seriously jealous that you can already start thinking about sandals! I'm still debating each day whether I can wear suede ankle booties or if I have to wear the snow boots that won't get ruined by the snow and slush! Enjoy the warm temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toddler bed transition was tough on us too. Aubrey fought naps in her bed too so I eventually resorted to letting her watch a movie or a show and letting her fall asleep in her chair. I know a lot of people may judge about me allowing so much screen time but that's what works for us and I haven't looked back! She falls asleep in her chair and then I transfer her to her bed (the only successful transfer situation that happens here).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I loved Make Way for Ducklings and Blueberries for Sal as a kid too! Haven't thought about those books recently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine stopped napping at about 2.5. It was terrible for about 5 months, like she needed a nap or she would be cranky at 5 pm but she refused. We tried quite time alone but she doesn't do well alone. So now we just do an episode of Sophia in my bed with lights out to have some calm time. Once in awhile she falls asleep, but rarely. It has gotten much better lately but man it was bad for a few months. Good luck! Oh, and she will nap at school for 2 hours! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blueberries for Sal is a wonderful (underrated if you ask me) book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been doing ok with naps...thank goodness! This may or may not be an option, but would she nap in your bed? We did this with Elyse and she fully understands that she can only nap in there because there's not room for her at nighttime. Now, she naps in her own full bed...and sleeps like a rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sandals are amazing and I have to ask how do you keep Olivia's room so clutter free? Your house always looks so perfect! It makes me want to go donate/clear some stuff out of mine. lol xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips