Weekend Photos and a Valentine's Exchange!

Ryan's parents arrived on Friday and we've been enjoying their company as well as the free babysitting! Ryan and I had so much time just the two of us this weekend that it felt like dating again...only we weren't poor and our conversations were less "after you finish grad school..." and more "this kid is going to kill us, but isn't she great?". 

I had a lady date Saturday and topped that off with margaritas and tacos with my Valentine. Liv scooted around the neighborhood until her grandparents collapsed and we all took it easy on Sunday.



Jamie and I went to brunch and then shopping, where I grabbed some new cereal bowls at Anthropologie (4 for $20!) and they were serving up champagne and cupcakes. Hells yes.


dress | shoes | old bag

As a side note, this printed dress from Old Navy was a recent find and I got loads of compliments on it when I wore it. It's perfect for wearing with wedges (like I did for brunch) but perfectly casual with flats (which I changed into for shopping). Their whole site is on sale now, so it's a great time to grab this one!

And a nerd note on the shoes - they're the exact shoes Kate Middleton wears all the time and they're flipping half off. They're called the Pied a Terre Imperia wedge, they're crazy comfortable, go with everything, and are pretty limited for size and color so don't wait!

I kept them on and switched to jeans and a comfy piko top for my super fancy Valentine's dinner since they allow my stomach to expand as needed. Priorities.



Sundays I have a nice little routine of coffee, getting fresh flowers, getting a mani or pedi if I feel like I need one, and then being super lazy. It's Sunday bun-day or nothing at all.





Ryan and I also got out for crepes Sunday morning which was a nice treat and then we spent a low key afternoon with Liv while his parents explored Houston.


Last week we did a great Valentine's card exchange with some of our favorite blogger friends and Olivia not only loved making the cards, but now she's obsessed with snail mail like her mother. We'd make daily runs down the road to our mailbox and she'd have a little card waiting each day, which she thought was about the coolest thing ever. You can see the cards we made below, as well as the ones our friends sent us!


Thanks, everyone for the sweet snail mail!

Meghan & Noah @ The Adventure Starts Here
Elizabeth & Mason @ Chasin' Mason 
Tawnya & Scarlett @ All of Life's Little Adventures
Ashley & Waverly @ Words About Waverly
Megan & Olivia @ Willow Way
Sara, Mac & Mim @ Running from the Law
Laureen, Tyson & Harper @ Chateau Deveau
Tara, Declan & Calem @ A Tale of Four Maples

8 comments:

  1. definitely snatching up that dress STAT even though it's nowhere near warm enough to wear it here yet! The colours look great on you and I'm loving those wedges. Aren't wedges the best mom heel?! ;) Thanks for doing the Valentine's exchange with us xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I just looked and the wedges are all gone... Bummer! Thanks for doing the exchange with us! Noah loved checking the mail each day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really great weekend! I'm heading to Old Navy today definitely going to check that dress out! Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you totally just turned me on to that shoe website! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute!! Yes, that wrap dress was just added to my cart.. :)
    Snail mail is the best!! Such a good idea with the paint dabbers. The bubbles were of course a big hit, thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the bike scooter thingie that Olivia is riding on? Looks like a fun little ride for my Harper. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved the bubbles! Thanks for being a part of the exchange. I'm now craving tacos and margaritas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips