Cold Weather Favorites

Living in Texas we obviously don't deal with "cold" weather so much as "cool" weather, but when we visit Maine it's a whole different ball game. A good coat is obviously a must have for spending time in New England in the Winter, but there are a few other things I've come to rely on and thought I'd share them today!


Cold Weather Favorites

vest | adult boots | kids boots | blanket scarf (40% off!) | amazing chapstick | best eczema buster in town | moisturizing spray | boot socks

Starbucks shouldn't surprise you at all. I put it on here because a hot drink is a must have for cold mornings and I love going on Starbucks runs with my mom in the morning. That 20 minute car ride seems to solve all my problems and restore my faith in the world. Powerful stuff.

Hunter boots are a total blogger cliche, I know, but with good reason. They're nice and tall (perfect for keeping snow out), waterproof (obviously), and if I can match Olivia, you know I'm all about it. Adding a pair of boot socks to these immediately converts them from the perfect rain boot to the perfect snow boot and are keeping my toes nice and warm. It's a good thing since the temps are about to drop to 19 (for the high) and when it gets that cold, my toes aren't just cold, they hurt. Liv loves her boots because she can put them on by herself and they are the only pair of shoes I packed for this trip. The girl knows what she likes.

Rounding out the clothing talk, a big 'ol blanket scarf is great and there are so many options right now. I snagged this one at Aerie for 40% off just after Christmas and it's totally been worth the $18.

Let's talk lips and skin. I'm really over the flaking makeup look, so I've been using this rosewater spritz before I apply my foundation to moisturize my skin without weighing it down with a lotion moisturizer. Baby Lips is my go to lip balm and I usually have about 6 or 7 of these rattling around in my purse or nightstand drawer.  For Olivia, I swear by the Honest Co. Healing Balm for her eczema which flares  up something fierce every time we come to Maine. It's pretty gross looking and gritty (no clue why) but it works.

So now I need to know, what are your cold weather faves?

5 comments:

  1. I love those convertible mittens! I also love those slouchy hats. As for Noah I got him some of those mittens that have the string to connect them and keep them strung through his coat. We got his at Hannah Andersen but any would work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the scarves in winter time and never leave home with out one. I don't have a pair of hunters and i'm kicking myself for not snatching them up when I saw them at Costco. I love the vest too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf. It looks perfect for cold winter days! And coffee is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Lips is the best! The vest and scarf are both so cute too. I cant wait to see the photo shoot you and Stephanie did yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing ur tip on the honest healing balm i had a bottle and never thought to use it for the eczema i use the cetaphil lotion and tried the healing balm and it seems to be working way better. :) happy new years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips