Loving Lately

So no video again this week, and I swear I've got a good reason.

Our house alarm went off at 2:30 yesterday morning and while we ultimately figured out that it was a window that popped open from the cold, it left us (especially neurotic me) really rattled. We didn't get back to sleep until almost five and Olivia was back up at 6:45. By the way, she was totally un-phased by the super loud alarm, our obvious stress, and just asked for the iPad. Priorities.

Long story short, I was wiped yesterday and felt like a piece of gum peeled off the bottom of a shoe, so I wasn't filming.

But I still have favorites for you this week, so let's get to it!

1. Toddler purses


Let's talk about this. I couldn't find the link to the purse, so here's a similar one that's also from Target like Olivia's. Her attitude is killing me now. I can't get enough of it and I love her little sense of style. 

2. Spending time as a family

We've been making an effort to go somewhere/do something together a couple nights during the week instead of all just going to our separate corners for some quiet and solitude like we normally do. Last night Ryan had to go to Verizon and I asked if Liv and I could come. He looked at me like I was nuts for wanting to come on a banal errand, but we ended up turning it into a Five Guys dinner date, a coffee drive through, and a drive. It was fantastic. 

It was especially fantastic to watch my husband sip a White Chocolate Mocha (the only appealing thing he saw at Starbucks) while listening to the new Taylor Swift album (it's really that good) and ranking the songs.  At one point he said to me "now all I need is a big scarf". Well played.

3. Impending bestie time

Steph is coming for 9 days in just 3 weeks and I'm losing my mind with excitement. I hope you all have that one friend who you just click with and they totally get you/you totally get them because it's awesome. We'll be doing some work, playing with our babies, and just enjoying being in the same state again.

4. Buffalo check anything


Obviously I'm obsessed since we chose to make it a big part of our Winter collection, but I can't get enough of these. 

5. Cozy clothing


When I drive through Starbucks in the morning I look like a total mess. I'm usually wearing leggings (these TJ Maxx ones are a current fave) and since the weather has cooled, these slippers. I look like a hobo with my sloppy topknot, some kind of jacket, and big sunglasses hiding my mascara smears, but I'm comfy and caffeinated, so there ya go.

Hope you all have something fun planned this weekend!

xo

p.s. next week I have some awesome Etsy shop features lined up for you, so get excited about that! Sweet Cuts Shoppe and Project Paper both sent some amazing garlands my way (one for Olivia's birthday party and one for her nursery) and they are so unique and and fabulous that I can't wait to share with you! I've also got a giveaway from Pink Lemon Designs Tx too! I love, love, love how Etsy and being a small business owner in general have connected me with other people with such amazing talent and am so happy I get to share them with all of you! I'd really love to make an Etsy round up gift guide this year, so please let me know of any shops I need to check out!

8 comments:

  1. I Love her purse! And yes taylor swift's new album is great! I'll have to have Chris give it a listen too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the result of your family date night! Littles carrying little purses - seriously the cutest thing ever!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waverly loves her purse & it makes my heart happy!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Verizion story sounds just like ours! I love extra family time :) Have a great weekend, pretty mama! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. {insert shameless plug here} How about my little Etsy shop? ;) https://www.etsy.com/shop/BirchLandingHome

    ReplyDelete
  6. died laughing about ryan's scarf comment!! and yes. taylor swift's new album is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips