Current Beauty Faves

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my seriously verbose post yesterday. I love the solidarity around here and you all are the best!

I thought we might switch gears and talk about something a little less serious today, like makeup. My favorite.

I have a pretty steady makeup routine and don't change it much, but it's been a while since I talked about the daily face, so I'll give you my favorites!

Current Beauty Faves


Let's start with the face. My skin is still all kinds of cranky at me, but I've been trying this Paula's Choice system and am really liking the results so far. It's extremely mild, I've had no drying, and it's keeping the blemishes at bay during a time they'd normally be really bad. My favorite part? You can order trial size in most anything so you can decide if it's going to work before you splash out more cash on a full system. I also think this is priced more reasonably than a lot of other acne systems (cheaper than my once loved La Roche Posay for example), so worth a try! I've loved the Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for years since my high school dermatologist recommended it and it's here to stay. Between the spf protection and the thin, no residue formula, I'm sold.

I'm still loving the L'Oreal Lumi foundation - excellent coverage. With the Real Techniques brush I barely need additional concealer on big bad breakouts, and I don't feel like it's caked on. It lasts all day (I do set with some pressed powder, MAC is my fave), and I don't see myself trying anything else anytime soon. 

The Milani blush in Luminoso is still my favorite (narrowly beating out Orgasm by Nars) and lasts forever. And the price? Can't beat it.

I talked about this L'Oreal lipstick before (I have the Julianne color) and I still love it. Creamy, slightly glossy (I'm not a huge fan of matte), and the perfect, perfect pink. I sent the J. Lo color to Steph and she was obsessed, so stop by your Target to see which famous face associated with the lipstick is closest to your coloring and you won't go wrong!

The love affair with Anastasia Brow Dip Pomade with brush is still going strong. I love, love, love a bold brow and this packs a lot of punch with very little product.

I've been using the Naked palette for shadow and eyeliner since it's just convenient. I love the color Chopper, especially for blue eyes.

To take all the makeup off? I use these wipes so that my face wash doesn't have to work as hard and so that I don't wake up looking like a raccoon.

Finally, you knew I couldn't wrap up a beauty post without talking about Elnett. I just love that stuff. Amazing, amazing hold without being stiff or looking unnatural. I have 3 cans stashed in my drawer because running out would be a travesty. Drama, drama, drama.

So tell me, because I need to know, what are your favorite products lately?

6 comments:

  1. Luminoso is one of my favorite blushes ever!!! You really need to go out and buy Rose D'Oro..... SO pretty!!! This post also reminds me to go back to my Naked 2 palette.... I always forget how awesome that palette is. I've been meaning to try the Dipbrow stuff, but I struggle with parting from the Brow Wiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little wipes too.

    Confession. I've yet to try a naked palette. I need to venture out from my set four MAC colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with Urban Decay's Perversion mascara. Best mascara I've ever used... totally worth the price (I was previously a devoted Great Lash girl).

    And I also love Naked (own all 3, because, problems) and the Lumi foundation.

    Have you tried the Beauty Blender sponge? I noticed that you use a foundation brush and just wondered if you've checked out the Beauty Blender. I LOVE mine. Gives you an airbrushed look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cleansing wipes are a lifesaver! Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been wanting to try that foundation but keep holding off because i feel like i won't find the right color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been loving the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (in the original pink packaging). Love the neutral matte shades with a pop of color!

    I'm in the midst of testing for a new favorite mascara; currently it's L'Oreal's Butterfly Intenza, but I'm having some challenges adjusting to the brush style. Do you have a go-to mascara you'd like to recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips