Camera Skills

I mentioned a while back that I was going to work on learning my DSLR and I held true to my word! Have I mastered it? Um, no. Am I getting better at it? Oh yeah.


The primary motivation for learning the camera comes from needing to be able to take better product photos for WC, but it's been nice to capture moments from every day life in better quality too. 



As much as I love the DSLR, I'm committed to editing on my phone. I'm really loving the VSCO Cam app to help get the bright, crisp qualities I like the photos to have. 


Do I think they're super profesh? Not really, but they're a far cry from where I started so that's progress. I'm still anxious to learn more, so tips, tricks, and editing apps are welcome so hit me with 'em!

10 comments:

  1. They look great! Yeah I'm looking into getting Lightroom and shooting in raw. Just need to bite the bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing awesome! :) what mode are you shooting in? A good place to start is to learn about your aperture and shoot in aperture priority!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are looking great! I too have been trying to improve my DSLR skills and am thinking about upgrading my base lens. I found this photography blog and she give great tips on photography, geared toward the average mom looking to take great photos of their kiddos: http://www.audreyannphoto.com/blog/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her curls and those little pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. This may be too much to ask, but would consider doing a step by step process on how you edit in VSCO cam. I just got an iPhone and this app and would love to learn the little tricks you used to get these kind of results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking really good! You're the second one to mention that VSCO app in the past 24 hours, so now I'm going to have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um yes...how about a phone editing tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now we just need to get you hooked up with a computer editing software that handles VSCO's real editing presets so these awesome photos don't get compressed via your phone! good work lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your photos look pretty darn good, especially if they're from a phone! I got a DSLR right before Hazel was born and I'm still struggling, even after taking a local photography class. I am convinced everything would be awesome if I got a new lens. I want the one of those f/1.8 whatever ones that unfortunately costs like $400. Maybe for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips