Weekend Photos

Hey there! Did you guys know it's FALL?! 

I know, I know, everyone's sick of hearing it, but I waited until September, what more can you ask for? Fall is my favorite and the 100 degree heat down here is kind of cramping my style, but I'm determined to ease my way into the season with dark nails, plaid shirts, chai lattes, and football. That's essentially what our weekend was made up of.

We kicked Friday off with brunch with some friends, which was my weekly dose of sanity.


Ryan picked us up at the airport last Thursday and then left for 8 days, which made our first week back a little tougher than we had hoped. My hat is off to single parents, military spouses, or anyone else who has to solo parent for any period of time, because it's really not my favorite. Brunch was a nice chance to let the kids entertain each other in the playroom while the growns up got to chat and eat and run interference.

 Ryan surprised us by coming home for the weekend, which totally thrilled us both and these two were more or less inseparable. A nice change for Ryan, since until this weekend she's been telling him to talk to the hand...unless that hand happened to contain chocolate covered pretzels. 


Saturday night Ryan had some work to do, so after Olivia went to bed I stopped over at Veronika's for some DIY manis. It reminded me of high school - only a lot less cattiness and a lot more conversations about toddler tantrums and the best stain removers.
We made a family Target run for a few essentials and I grabbed this polish after trying it at Veronika's and this waffle knit tee for Olivia. I got it a size up so she can wear it later when the weather cools off, but there's something about waffle knit that just says Fall to me. I also really love the lavender with the navy. I see navy toddler jeggings in our future. 


polish  |  tee

This polish, by the way, is the perfect dark nail color - not quite as dark a black, but nicely glossy and opaque.


Thinking this shirt might see an embarrassing number of outings this season.


This lady was as glued to the Patriots game as her father, which ended up disappointing them both. 

Poor kids.


12 comments:

  1. I just got a fall color mani pedi this weekend too! Even if it is still hot, I'm bringing fall here a little bit at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we've gotta do what we can with the temps still so high!

      Delete
  2. Love your dining chairs! I've been ready to buy a plethora of plaid shirts already - bring on the Fall!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kitchen table, I really want a round one. Where is it from? And do you find the fabric chairs are hard to keep clean? We have leather now that wipes really easy but I want something lighter in color and I am SCARED of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got it from Star Furniture in Houston and we've loved it so far. We're careful with the fabric, but they came with some kind of 3 year stain warranty (thank god) so that's helping me not hyperventilate every time Olivia goes near them.

      Delete
  4. love the nail color! And I totally feel you on the heat...we are having pretty much the same temps here in Miami and I am totally over it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute football clip! And I love the navy nails.. it's a nice change from all the pastel/neon summer colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you! I needed a change of nail scenery :)

      Delete
  6. I love that color polish! It's perfect for this time of year :) And where may I ask did you get your adorable place mats?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips