Office Update

I'd like to come on here today and show you a finished office but, no. There's a long way to go, and I mean long. What you see here today is probably all that will be done for several more months, since we seem to be in that place of barely having enough milk/hours/sanity/caffeine to get through the day, let alone decorate a room. Why? Only 100  totally lame reasons spring to mind, I won't bore you...more than usual.



My biggest issue currently is my workspace. I have two desks in an L shape but it's still not enough room, so the plan is to build a giant L shaped desk with plywood and use some cabinets as the base (a total Pinterest hack) to give me some more storage and lots of space for making accessories, packaging them, and working on the computer. I'd also like to have some space at the end for my white box that I photograph the pieces in.


My favorite part so far is these black and white prints of my most loved pieces. I also stand in front of the mirror more often than I want to admit and try on children's hair accessories. This wall will eventually be a gallery wall, but it's slow starting. 


I really never thought I'd sell even a single piece, and now it's taken on a life of its own, which I'm so grateful for! Having my own office makes it so much easier and I already love coming into this little space during Olivia's naps and after she goes to sleep, so I can't wait until it's finished!



I've got another awesomely awkward video for Friday, so get excited!

p.s. we have a new sponsor on the sidebar, Pink Lemon Designs! Nikki is a fellow Etsy shop owner (and fellow Houstonian!) and I highly recommend you go take a peek at her shop - lots of cute signs and for Fall...ya'll. I had to, you know I did.

19 comments:

  1. Looking GREAT! MY office is a loft that my husband built above our master bedroom. It's been a work in progress for months as far as decorating goes but I'm up there daily working and it pretty much looks like the area was hit with a tornado and then fell victim to a subsequent bombing. I feel so much better when I tidy it up a bit but it only happens once every few weeks! It's really small, but I sort of love that everything is within an arms reach...makes it super efficient. I added a little seating area with floor cushions, just for the "cute" factor, but I should probably turn it into useable space/desk area because I'm still packaging up orders on our dining room table once they're done! I've been wanting to do a "tour" of the space forever and now that my husband is home from traveling all summer, I'm hoping we can get it finished up and photo-ready! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your workspace - I'm always curious as to how other Etsy shop owners store their supplies, lay out their space, etc.

      Delete
  2. Love love love your office space details so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you got the crown hook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This space is so well organized, very inspiring! We have finally moved and I've got a little nook to set up a space for coaching; I may 'borrow' your idea of the hanging baskets to help keep the space tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that pin map. Where? How? Please tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from this Etsy shop as a digital download: https://www.etsy.com/shop/blursbyaiShop

      Then I blew it up and had it printed on Snapfish and then framed it with cardboard on the back so I could put pins in it :)

      Delete
  6. Your office is adorable! I really like that white mirror. I move in a few weeks and have been scoping out what types of mirrors (etc.) I like the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I originally bought it for a bathroom but it didn't fit and I loved it too much to return it, so it's been repurposed several times :)

      Delete
  7. So pretty! I love it! If only I could put things together and make them look as nice. If this is the not finished state of your office, I can't imagine what the finished product will look like -it's already amazing! I would love working in there too :) Also, I love that map -where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! The map was a digital download from this shop : https://www.etsy.com/shop/blursbyaiShop

      Delete
  8. I love how the space looks so far! So pretty and light! Can't wait to see it finished. I have a bunch of rooms that need to be finished and I keep telling myself to enjoy the good weather and finish them when the weather forces us inside... They will still be there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're so right - the rooms will still be there, something I forget from time to time when I get on a decorating bender :)

      Delete
  9. love that cork map! Did you DIY? Are those pins all the places you and your hubs have been to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I half DIY'd. I got it as a digital download from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/blursbyaiShop

      Then I blew it up and had it printed on Snapfish and framed it with cardboard at the back :)

      The pins are all the places I've shipped WC orders to....North Dakota is the only state holding out on me :)

      Delete
    2. You're going to need to revise that map when I place my order soon... from Canada! Woo!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips