Invested

When I stepped outside yesterday to retrieve a stray boot that Olivia absolutely had to have rightthissecondorI'lldie , I practically freaked out when I felt a cool breeze on my face. It's finally cooling off in Texas and I couldn't throw a vest on quick enough. I posted this on Insta already, so repeat photo offending, but I'm a little obsessed with vests this year. Sure, sure it will be back to 90 again soon, but let's enjoy the vest wearing days while they last.


I talked about these vests last week when I was talking about my wardrobe purge, but they're worth revisiting because they're going to be a Fall (and Winter) staple around here. We don't often need coats because it just doesn't get that cold, so vests are the perfect outerwear in these parts and Liv and I are both stocked up.


I'm a little smitten with how they look on her. Don't let her innocent face fool you. Lambie was promptly run over after this photo was snapped and she didn't even look down. If you can't keep up, don't stroll with us.

I really love these vests because they're not bulky (I don't buy anything that adds bulk, I had a 30 lb pregnancy weight gain for that) and they're neutral enough to pair with lots of different items.

I'm looking forward to styling these (for her and myself), so stay tuned for some killer smudged mirror selfies.



The J Crew herringbone is still available on the Factory website and they're running a 30% off sale right now, if you feel so inclined.

hers (old navy, sold out) | mine

Speaking of styling, help a sloppy mom out - what are your favorite ways to style your vests?

7 comments:

  1. Oh man I love vests! It doesn't get super cold here in Australia so they are nearly perfect for most of winter. I don't have a J Crew one (factory doesn't ship here) but this is my all time favorite (I got it in navy with tan piping.. <3) from zara-
    http://www.zara.com/us/en/special-prices/woman/quilted-waistcoat-with-piping-c671014p1983403.html
    definitely consider these ones lol... love vests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute in her little vest! I live near DC and it gets pretty cold here, so when I rock a vest its usually over a long sleeve tunic sweater or hoodie depending on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove the little Old Navy Sherpa Vest! I can't wait to see how you style Olivia in that.
    I myself have never been too much of a vest person. I usually prefer light jackets (leather, trench, jean, pea, etc.) But when I do wear one, I like to wear a thin knit sweater, a pashmina, and a top bun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me want the herringbone vest! I have a black one from old navy already. It does get cold here so not sure how long "just a vest" will work. But they are so cute and I agree I don't want one that adds bulk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty much a vest addict...8 different ones to be exact and this post just makes me want to add more! lol in Cali it's pretty warm to get all bundled up but gets cool enough to need a little extra layering and a puffer over any long sleeve tee or button up is perfect. My Fall/Winter uniform for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vests too! My favorite is a simple thin black one I got from Kohl's (I think it's Chaps) - I can pair it with a flannel shirt for the Fryeburg Fair or a classy sweater and a thin scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable! I really need to get a few cute vests for Elyse...but they may have to wait for birthdays or Christmas since I went a little crazy at the outlet malls a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips