Fall Polish Favorites

Oh hey there! If you clicked over here this morning with hopes of some deep, significant, and relevant content today....you're in luck. I'm talking about nail polish. 

I said in last week's video (aka your daily dose of awkward) that I was ready to move on to darker nail colors and I wasn't lying. Meet the ladies.




The temperature in Texas may not be cooperating with it's 90 something degree stubbornness, but I'm going to layer on many many coats of Fall polishes until I get my Fall fix. These four are my favorites and cover all the basic categories: a dark, a red, a pink, and a neutral.


The navy is the perfect dark without looking too harsh against my skin and the red has a little bit of shimmer with some burgundy tones that are absolutely perfect for Fall. As a big fan of pink and neutral nails, the pink is a safe go to, but with a touch of mauve to keep it from feeling Summery. Then there's gray. I do love gray. This is a good opaque one.

I also like to use these as a base and topcoat. The CND vinylux is the best top coat I've found so far in terms of no chipping.


I haven't decorated for Fall yet, but I've moved my seasonal polishes to the front of the display. Priorities.



So now that we've covered the serious stuff, I have to know. What's your favorite Fall polish? Or beauty product for that matter. Give me the goods, you know I'm always looking for something new to try.

And as a p.s. I'm writing this remembering that it's September 11th. I'll always remember being in my Freshman English class hearing the news over the intercom and I'll always spend this day thinking of those who lost friends and family members and hugging my loved ones a little tighter.


16 comments:

  1. An oldie but a goodie... I'm wearing essie wicked right now :). I too was in my English class, but senior year. The girl who sat next to me, her dad worked in the building and obviously freaked out. Thankfully she found out he had stayed home that day for a doctor appt or something. Living 30 miles outside of NYC meant that a lot of people I knew worked in manhattan and were directly affected. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever used Seche Vite top coat? I live and die by it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have once and I keep meaning to pick it up!!

      Delete
  3. Scarlett O'Hara is one of my favorite red polishes EVER. I'm a huge Essie fan.

    And yes, listen to Nikki... try Seche Vite. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that navy blue colour! Might have to go buy it :) I recently bought a couple colours (burgundy & a gray-ish brown) that I'll try and post tomorrow. Loving the switch to Fall colours!! I just want all the colours haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Essie Smokin' Hot! Kind of a purple/Gray color...perfect for fall! I was also in an English class, except I was a sophomore. A girl in my class got called to the office to talk to her mom who let her know her brother was ok...he lived in NYC, but we live in Ohio. Scary day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so so scary!! I'll have to look into that color. I don't normally love purple but the gray might sell me.

      Delete
  6. I was in 9th grade English class when we heard the 9/11 news too.

    Love the color picks! I've been looking for some new fall colors-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a freshman when it happened too. That must mean we're the same age! Woo! Your life seems way more put together though lol
    I am obsessed with Chinchilly. Currently wearing Essie Head Mistress. I love fall polish colours and thus I love this post :)
    Is Olivia showing an interest in your polish-wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's obsessed with polish. We did matching mani pedis yesterday!

      Delete
  8. I need to stop at Target to get the blue one, I love it! Also, my daughter is into painting her nails and toenails every time I do mine and I found out this non-toxic nail polish for her called "Piggy Nails". She loves it and I don't freak out when she starts peeling it off :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips