Weekend Photos

After a whirlwind weekend of celebrating birthdays and engagements, I'm hoping for a mellow Monday morning that involves sweatpants until lunchtime. Dream big, right? The festivities were all so fun and it's been so nice having Ryan in Maine with us, since I have a little bit of guilt when I leave him sweltering in Texas while I'm up here...plus you know, we like him.

So now I'm writing this practically horizontal with the laptop on my chest and a bag of popcorn to my right. Exactly the kind of sophisticated online image I'm trying to cultivate. 

Friday afternoon my sister and soon to be brother in law came home for the weekend where we fulfilled our ALS ice bucket challenge obligations. 



Olivia made sure we had enough ice. We had plenty, trust me.

Saturday morning was a 5K walk/run for a local cancer research fundraiser and Olivia had a blast. It was nice to walk off the donuts we'd had and she got to stretch her legs and get loads of attention, which is her favorite. 


Sunday morning we had an engagement brunch for my sister and her fiancĂ© at one of our favorite local brunch spots. Buffets are the best for our toddler toting group, so all went smoothly and it was so fun to have an excuse to dress up for once! 

I wore this simple chambray shirtdress from Old Navy and really loved what a simple look it was. I wish I had a better photo, but I didn't do my best work photo wise at brunch. Serious blogger fail.



We then hit up a family birthday party, visited with my in laws, and then headed to the lake for a spaghetti dinner for my sister's birthday.




Do Olivia's skinny jeans not kill you? They kill me. These are also from Old Navy and on sale right now. These are super super fitted so I'm going to get her another pair in the next size up, but they are just the best.

Finally, there were times this weekend where the temps dipped into the 50's (such a Maine problem) so chunky sweaters and hot coffee were needed - not something I'm at all ready for. It's just darn cold and I'm just a darn wimp.


We've got family photos tonight including my parents and sister and I'm super excited for those! Both my parents turned 50 this year and these photos are my gift to them. I hope they'll love having an updated family photo and that Olivia will turn on the charm and not just shout "NO" or "shoes!" at the photographer...her two favorite words lately.

13 comments:

  1. I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge this weekend too :). Noah loves watching videos of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia has watched the video like 20 times, it's so funny!

      Delete
  2. 50s and you're cold! Texas has totally captured your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely! i'll take some of that belgium waffle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we did the water challenge last night! BRRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as if I wasn't cold enough up here in Maine!

      Delete
  5. well you beat me to it! i just nominated you for something chilly ;) over on my bloggy.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the family pics! And I just love little girl skinny jeans! The problem for me is that I haven't found any that don't make Charlotte look like a plumber! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I can see how that would be problematic! Try jeggings, maybe?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips