Weekend Photos

So it's almost 8 pm on Sunday night as I sit down to write this and you'd think it was midnight. I'm wiped out and have a day at the pool with Livia to thank and I think we'll all sleep like rocks. We had an awesome weekend and hope to carry the fun over to Monday, since it's Ryan's birthday! I need to get my act together and get a little something together for him while he's at work (beef jerky and a Best Buy gift card will satisfy his sophisticated tastes), but in the meantime, here's a recap of our weekend adventures:

Friday was all Trader Joe's, miscellaneous errands, and skipping the gym. I know, wild.

Saturday was the great bathing suit hunt of 2014. It's August and I still didn't have a bathing suit that wasn't several years old and getting ragged, so I got serious about looking.

swimsuit | hat (sold out at Old Navy - similar here and here)

Several traumatizing hours later (why fluorescent lighting, just why?) I found this La Blanca swimsuit at TJ Maxx. It was only $30, so if you've been wanting one, it might be worth checking TJ Maxx or Marshalls to see if they've got any more! 

 It's seriously ruched which is my number 1 requirement for swimsuits. Despite having lost my pregnancy weight plus another ten pounds, things are, shall we say, redistributed. I have a little extra something in the tummy area, courtesy of a whopping pregnant belly, and the ruching covers it nicely. I like that it's strapless so it's not too matronly, but has a nice halter strap so I can swim with a spastic toddler and not worry about an indecent exposure incident happening. The color was fun and my whole butt is covered, so clearly this was the one. One piece swimsuits have come a long way and I'm grateful. So grateful.

Saturday night we went to one of our favorite restaurants at City Centre in Houston, which meant I put on real clothes, not gym clothes or pajamas. This clearly necessitated a photo.

old purse | old shoes (are we sensing a theme here?) | pants(on sale!) | top

As we walked to dinner, Ryan made a comment about how I was walking slowly and clearly out of practice wearing shoes other than flip flops or sneakers. I think there was a hint of pride in his voice as he remembered wildly impractical pre-baby Megan, but also some derision that I was moving slower than the toddler. 



City Centre is an awesome collection of shopping and restaurants with a big open space in the middle where they'll do concerts or movies and kiddos can run around. You can see it from the outside seating area of most of the restaurants which makes it prime people watching territory. This kept Olivia totally entertained during dinner. iPad? Stickers? No thanks, I've got ridiculously dressed teens (and adults for that matter) to judge. 

shirt | shorts  (old Target)

After dinner I visited with Veronika, got home way too late, and paid for it when Sunday morning rolled around. 


Thank goodness for iPads and Dad snuggles. That bought us some time in bed until 8:30. We caffeinated and then spent the day by the pool.


By the way, this is as close to a bathing suit selfie as you're ever going to see around here. 


Olivia tested out this new lifejacket/water wings combo, and it was amazing. If you have little ones, I highly recommend you check it out! It was super easy to put on and she didn't seem to mind it.

 She had the best time in the pool/watering the deck until she found herself on the receiving end of a water gun from the 12 year old swimming with us. Her father.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. What is that enormous jug of starbucks?? please share! p.s. swimsuit looks FAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! It's cold brew Starbucks coffee...with the iced tea at Target!

      Delete
  2. Love the suit! I have a feeling I'm going to love ruching for a looong time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I loved it pre baby too, so ruching all the way!

      Delete
  3. That suit looks hawt on you! I scored a La Blanca ruches tankini earlier this year at TJMaxx/Marshalls for K's swim class too and it's become my go to. Might need to go look for this red on too!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the suit! I just got a la Blanca tankini the other day :). I have that hat too... I should be wearing it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hat has been a summer staple! Keeps my pasty face from burning :)

      Delete
  5. You look gorg! That swimsuit is amazing. Loving Olivia's little pony tail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Olivia's ponytail is my favorite, I just can't wait until her hair is long enough to braid!

      Delete
  6. what a lovely weekend! i love all of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm...hello gorgeous in the red suit!! Love the whole look! What a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Just started following your blog. Really loving it. The red swimsuit is great! I agree the one piece does not have to be matronly! You are so down to earth! Super refreshing! Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lucy! I'm glad you're here :)

      Delete
  9. Olivia's little shorts and pony tail is too freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I love the pineapples on those shorts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips