Loving Lately

Happy Friday, friends!

I hope you all have something fun planned for this weekend and if not, hope you'll be able to kick back, relax, and sip on some iced coffee...or wine if that's your thing. I think we all know I'd pick coffee over wine in a hot minute, but I digress. Yes, Megan, we all know you love coffee, move on.

This is our last weekend in Texas until September, so we'll be trying to get some things done around the house and squeeze in lunch (and dinner) at our favorite Mexican restaurants before we head to land of seafood (which I'm a little too excited for). I don't know why, it's not like Tex Mex is going anywhere, but I feel some urgency around making sure I get enough salsa verde before I go. Real problems guys, real problems.

1. Breakfast in bed

I instagrammed this yesterday (blogger faux pas, I know) but Olivia's hit that age where she'll occasionally sit still for a while, given she has the iPad and some blueberries, so we've been enjoying some occasional morning laziness. Sometimes together, sometimes solo before she wakes up.



This often ends with something knocked over or spilled, but that's what bleach is for.

I think what I like most about this new little (sometimes) routine is that it's a chance for her and I to sit together and spend quality time. We read books on the iPad, or I'll ask her to say the color of something on the screen or we'll just lay together and tickle. I have a whole post mentally penned about quality time with her, but am saving that for another (equally riveting) post. Something to look forward to.

2. Cooking

Sort of, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm really, really trying to have dinner on the table each night.  Not just chicken every night, either. I'm trolling Pinterest daily for ideas and making many, many trips to the grocery store. I'm hoping that soon I'll have a small repertoire of recipes to draw from and can just have a standard grocery list to shop from on my weekly grocery trips.

3. Mini Luna Bars


I love the chocolate peppermint stick Luna bars and usually have one or two stashed in my purse for after the gym or a really long line at the post office. I found a box of the mini ones that came with some coconut minis and we're all hooked.

4. $5 Sunglasses

Yes, I said $5. I have to give credit to Jen for linking to these on Amazon, and I love them. They're huge and I have a "the bigger the better" philosophy when it comes to sunglasses. The price tag makes them unbeatable and they're my new travel sunglasses. I won't be heartbroken if they get squashed when my purse gets stuffed under the plane seat in front of me and I may have to grab a pair in black too.


Here they are on, during a successful car to crib nap transfer. Moms everywhere cheer. You get it.

5.  This idea, stolen from Pinterest, Instagram, and just about everywhere else.

I put this little muffin tin on her playroom table and she grazes during the morning/afternoon. She's not great about eating breakfast or lunch so this works really well for us. This one is filled with blueberries, raspberries, freeze dried strawberries, apple straws, pirates booty, and some fruit snacks.


I've also done some veggie/protein versions with edamame, turkey, chickpeas, green peppers, hummus, and pretzels. The combos are endless and helps me make sure she's getting a variety of options even if she goes straight for the fruit snacks every time. 

Have an awesome weekend, friends!

10 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm in a rut with cooking. Trying to find some new recipes to add to our rotation. Would love to hear of some good ones uou find :). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to do a post soon - I just need to master a couple more :)

      Delete
  2. love that muffin tin idea! Of course we're at the stage where if she snacks at all, she won't eat dinner! ughh...toddlers and their crazy eating habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me about it - I have the best luck if I just make it available and leave it up to her :)

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with the coconut Luna bars - my go to for hold over in between meals or a late night snack when I didn't actually eat much dinner because I was too busy refereeing the quad table, lol. Love the muffin tin, I got ice trays at Target last week to do the same thing for a fun lunch switch up soon. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the perfect snack in between meals!! I should try the ice cube trays...smaller and less mess!

      Delete
  4. $5 sunglasses?! I'm definitely checking them out- thanks! Ohhh the car to crib transfer, I've never succeeded with that one past the age of 6 months- you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a jackpot when you get it right! She doesn't transfer well much now either, so I was super lucky :)

      Delete
  5. Love the sweats! I got some really similar ones from Aerie online because the Target skinny ones are all sold out the website...hooray for Texas tax free weekend and online shopping because I don't go anywhere near retail establishments during this ridiculous insanity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless sweats, right? And thank goodness for AC or we wouldn't be wearing them right now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips