Loving Lately

Is it seriously August? This summer is flying by, faster than me with one child free hour and a dozen errands to run.

Ryan was supposed to be out of town this weekend and now he's not, so that's my favorite thing about this weekend and it hasn't even started yet. It will get even better when our Friday Mexican food dinner gets delivered.

1. This lip color. I've been toning down the skin and eye makeup like I mentioned this week, which is leaving me looking a little tired (I think the midnight bedtime is really to blame) but this is so easy to put on, perks up my face, and is so smooth and creamy, like a balm more than a lipstick.


This color is Blushing Sequin and I'm wearing it in this photo where I'm holding tight to my new boyfriend, Diet Dr. Pepper (who I'll talk about shortly).


2. This necklace. I'm not a big jewelry person, but I've been watching this at Target for a while. Cartwheel had a 25% off coupon for all jewelry so I finally picked it up and can't wait to wear it with everything navy, since navy and gold just really do it for me.


3. Diet Dr. Pepper. This is lame, I know, but just hear me out. We do daily post office runs and it's so so close to Chik Fil A, where we just swing through for a drink and sometimes some grilled nuggets. I've traded my afternoon Starbucks for this and my daily calorie count and wallet are thanking me.

4. Olivia's new personality. Last week I was whining about her tantrums and it's like she set out to prove me wrong. Little lady has been a delight this week and we're having some seriously fun times. She's got more personality than I can handle and when she's running around with wild hair that's just been torn out of pigtails, I can't get enough.

5. Family swims. We've been swimming every night after dinner and it's the best. I haven't really swum (like get your hair wet and do handstands) in probably 10 years and I forgot what a blast it is! Olivia's swimming like crazy with the aid of half a dozen floaties/lifejackets and she thinks it's the coolest. If you follow on Instagram (@willowcrowns) you've seen some of our pool pics. We are luh-ving Summer.


Have an awesome weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Yay for toddlers being a delight! Life is amazing when they are in good moods... It always puts me in a good mood! Have a great weekend! Mexican food sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. That lip color is so pretty! Love the Olivia pics. Emily is constantly pulling out her hair ties also! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! We have little clear elastics alll over our house!

      Delete
  3. That has been one of my go to lip colors this summer as well! Definitely love the way it glides on like a balm. I love all of your sweet family swim pictures on ig, I can't remember the last time I fill on swam but y'all make me want to! Happy weekend girly! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a total lip balm girl so I'm choosy with lipsticks! The swimming is a blast, makes me feel like a little kid again!

      Delete
  4. Love it when Lily gets a breath of fresh air and acts sane for a few days! We have SO. MUCH. FUN. Happy weekend!

    plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been having a blast and it's such a welcome change!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that brand of lipstick. Makes me feel fancy - even if the rest of my face looks sleep-deprived ;-)

    Having a toddler is a series of phases, I swear! One second I'm complaining about the tantrums, the next second they're angels. They're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just quoted you to my husband with the "series of phases" bit. It's so so true!!

      Delete
  6. diet dr. pepper is the best :D

    your posts make me want a pool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never an addict until we moved down here and now I never want to stop drinking it :)

      Delete
  7. That necklace is gorgeous! I am a Diet Dr. Pepper addict myself, and I swear it tastes 100x better at Chick Fil A than anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips